- 250 ml (1 cup) pitted dates
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 500 ml (2 cups) unbleached flour
- 375 ml (1½ cups) wheat bran
- 250 ml (1 cup) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) baking powder
- 60 ml (¼ cup) softened salted butter
- 85 ml (⅓ cup) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla extract
- 375 ml (1½ cups) milk
- 185 g (6 ½ oz) Le Cabouron, cubed
- In a large covered saucepan, cook dates in water for 5 to 10 minutes to obtain a purée. Let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the centre and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the butter with the brown sugar and egg.
- Add the vanilla extract and milk.
- Pour the liquid ingredients at the centre of the dry ingredients.
- Stir with a fork and add the date purée.
- Place paper or silicone liners in the muffin pan.
- Line the cup bottoms with muffin batter.
- Add a cube of cheese in the centre of each cup and cover with the remaining batter.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the muffins.
- The muffins have a melted cheese centre. They are best served hot.
Looking for an alternative to this cheese?
- Check out our semi-soft cheeses category.
Your message has been send successfully.