- 750 ml (3 cups) mixed mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) white wine
- 125 ml (½ cup) chicken stock
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) corn starch
- 150 g (5 oz) Le 1608 cheese, grated
- 60 g (2 oz) Le 1608 cheese, sliced
- 5 to 10 ml (1 to 2 tsp.) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 5 to 10 ml (1 to 2 tsp.) fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat and brown the mushrooms and garlic for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with the white wine.
- Dissolve the corn starch in the chicken broth and pour the result into the skillet.
- Simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the grated Le 1608 and the rosemary and thyme. Season to taste.
- Pour into a baking dish, cover with the remaining cheese and brown under the broiler.
- Serve hot with toasted croutons.
Looking for an alternative to this cheese?
- Visit our Firm with washed rind cheeses section.
Your message has been send successfully.