- 125 ml (1/2 cup) green pumpkin seeds
- 250 ml (1 cup) wild rice
- 250 ml (1 cup) white rice
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) chicken stock
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) Blackburn, grated
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) chives, finely chopped
- Salt and ground pepper
- In a small frying pan, toast the pumpkin seeds over medium heat for approximately 8 minutes or until you can smell them.
- Meanwhile, cook the wild rice covered with salted boiling water in a large saucepan for approximately 1 hour or until the rice is tender and the grains begin to open. Drain with a colander and set aside.
- In another saucepan, cook the white rice in the chicken stock until the liquid evaporates. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the wild rice and reheat.
- Add the Blackburn and the grilled pumpkin seeds and mix.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds ahead of time and store them in an airtight container.
Your message has been send successfully.